Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tips on crystal glass painting, quilling craft

Hi Friends,

As i was away for long time i got lot of mails regarding glass painting, crystal glass painting and my Quilling work. Now I'm here to clarify all those queries.

Where do i get crystal pieces from?

To start with the crystal painting even i was not very sure about how it looks and where can i get that, so i broke some glass and made small pieces out of it. Later on i got to know we get these crystal pieces easily available in art store which are actually not glass pieces. Its plastic crystal pieces which is transparent and looks like glass pieces. So you can ask for crystal pieces anywhere in art store and can start doing crystal glass painting.

How do i stick those crystal pieces and what glue to use?

As you do regular glass painting draw an outline of the design and instead of using glass colours firstly apply glue (fevicol) on the design and then paste crystal pieces on it. After it dries and get stuck properly apply glass painting colours as per the design. The crystal effect embosses the particular design where you have the crystals which gives a different effect altogether.

QUILLING CRAFT:

1. Which glue i use for Quilling craft?

Its basically called as white glue. But i exactly don't know where will i get white glue, so I use FEVICOL MR.

2. On e of my visitor mailed me asking for fringed flower "Found your blog very interesting and your creations beautiful, as I make quilled greeting cards myself. Especially the fringed flowers. They look so dainty. Could you tell me whether you have cut with ordinary scissors or used a fringer ?"

I never use fringing machine as the flower wont look that good using a fringing machine.. I use normal scissors for fringing the flower as that gives natural effect.

If you still have any queries and concerns feel free to contact me.

Reshmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment